Given the challenges schools are facing developmentally, with a good number having computers, there is still a big challenge in as far as the full utilization of those computers is concerned. There is therefore great need for the provision of connectivity and professional I.T support services to assist them to fully realize the benefits that come with ICT. Due to lack of mechanisms to maintain and service the machines, as well as lack of capacity, some of the schools are losing computers from the hired Technicians. Indeed a number of schools are facing problems with computer hardware and maintenance which result in most of spares being stolen by the Technicians. Outreach Zimbabwe will empower schools on practical computer hardware and software maintenance with consultation.
- Computer appreciation
- The importance of computers in schools.
- To train teachers in Basic Computer Aid and Accident prevention.
- Acquisition of knowledge in Computer Software and Hardware skills practically.
- To provide guidelines on computer emergency preparedness plans for schools.
AFTER THE COURSE, ATTENDANTS SHOULD BE ABLE TO:
- Understand computer terminology
- Add, Remove and upgrade software.
- Detect any form of abuse by technicians.
- Computer maintenance.
- Established computer Clubs at schools.
- Manage a network.
Duration is 3 days
Theory and Practical sessions will be conducted from 0830hrs to 1500hrs
Date: T B A
The course fee per participant is $120.00. The fee will cater for
- Course material (course Cd, course books ,T shirt and folders)
- Meals and Refreshments
- Administration Costs
The venue for the course is to be advised.
Schools are required to confirm for participation using the details below to register through completing the attached form and forward it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or confirm with us through telephone on the following numbers: 04336537, 0733 184 240/ 0772 968 745 for confirmation of booking.
NB: Phone to confirm a booking and make payment arrangements.
HIGHLIGHTS OF COURSE CONTENT
The course consists of theory as well practical demonstrations and the following aspects will be covered during the course:
- Computer appreciation
- Basic computer hardware and Software management
- Precautions and computer lab regulations.
- Technical and security management exercises.
A Certificate of competence will be issued to attendants after the workshop.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us for further clarification should you deem it necessary.
We are trying to bring this workshop more conveniently to your schools by networking with your district offices and schools.